Summer’s here! As relaxing as vacations can be, packing is a source of stress for many people; but it doesn’t have to be. Below are 6 organizing tips to help you have a stress free vacation:
1. MAKE A LIST. Between work, kids, and whatever random thoughts are running through your brain, there is no way to remember every last detail unless it is written down.
2. DON’T OVERPACK. If your vacation involves relaxing at the beach don’t waste valuable space packing dressy items that you most likely won’t wear. You also want to leave room for any add-ons you may pick up while you’re gone.
*TIP: If you’ll have access to a washer/dryer, only pack for ½ the days you will be gone.
3. CORRAL YOUR CHARGERS. Between cell phones, laptops, and whatever other electronic devices are in your arsenal remembering your chargers is crucial.
*Tip: pack a small power strip so you can charge multiple items in one central location.
4. GET THE KIDS INVOLVED. Depending on the ages of your children, allow them be responsible for packing whatever they can.
5. PACK SNACKS. Save time and money by packing a cooler filled with bottles of water, cut up fruit, and bagged snacks to keep from having to stop as frequently.
*Tip: keep your snack bag or cooler within reach to avoid additional stops.
6. PACK A GARBAGE BAG. Separate your dirty clothes from clean ones by using a garbage bag as a hamper. Not only does this make things more organized, it makes packing to go home a lot easier.
*Tip: As soon as you get home empty your dirty clothes into the washing machine.
Hopefully these tips will relieve some of your stress the next time you go to pack. On that note, I am heading on vacation tomorrow. Peace out peeps!