Today we are talking all about the connection of gift giving and the 5 love languages. According to Gary Chapman, there are five ways we express and experience love –which he calls “love languages.”
The 5 love languages are: Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Quality Time & Receiving Gifts.
In our conversation, we talk about specific gifts that are appreciated by each love language.
If you liked this podcast please share it with a friend!
Below is a cheat sheet with all the ideas we discussed on the episode:
ACTS OF SERVICE:
- Give them a day off
- Do their chores; be proactive in helping
- Making a meal for someone
- Doing something selfless for someone
- Volunteering your time
- Plan a romantic weekend away
- Schedule routine date nights
- Committing a certain amount of time technology free every day
- Take a Road Trip
- Taking a class together
- Back rubs/foot rubs
- Be intentional about showing affection (ie kissing hello and goodbye)
- Holding hands
WORDS OF AFFIRMATION:
- Framed quote
- Inspirational message book
- Handwritten letter
- Make them a mix tape
- Public validation (ie social media)
- Buy them concert tickets when their favorite band is in town
- After a trip, bring home a souvenir or trinket that made you think of them
- Order their favorite childhood candy or snack ― bonus points if it’s a regional treat or something that has since been discontinued
Tip: Keep a note in your phone of specific things your loved ones mention wanting or needing so you have a list of gift ideas for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays or just because.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Bonus Episode Alert!
***Are you an aspiring Entrepreneur? Do you have a passion that you want to turn into a profession, but not sure how?
I invite you to check out our 8 episode mini-series, called This ENTREPRENEUR’S Life, where we talk candidly about the struggles and successes of turning your passion into a profession. We are releasing them as bonus episodes every Tuesday in November & December. No need to subscribe, if you are already subscribed to TOL, then new episodes will automatically be downloaded each Tuesday along with your regular weekly episodes each Thursday!
Your Opinion Matters!
I am so appreciative of anyone who takes a moment to help the growth of our show by SUBSCRIBING and listening each week.
We get so many kind comments on social media which we LOVE! However, the truth of the matter is that YOUR REVIEW on apple podcast (aka Itunes) makes it easier for other people to find us when they are searching up new podcasts. If you’re not sure how to do it, just shoot me a DM or email and we can help!
Head on over to facebook and join our group, This ORGANIZED Life where you can post topic ideas, guest suggestions, questions, comments and photos-we love hearing from you! Of course you also connect with us on the IG or follow us on PINTEREST for some added inspiration.