Listen and Subscribe to Our Podcast
Today on This ORGANIZED Life we are kicking off a series called UNPACKING THE 5 CLUTTER PITFALLS, starting with #1: PROCRASTINATION.
Over the next several weeks we’ll be taking a deep dive into the 5 key areas that stand in our way of progress:
Procrastination is defined as a habitual or intentional delay of starting or finishing a task despite knowing it might have negative consequences.
- WHY do we feel the need to procrastinate in the first place?
- Boring (other things you’d rather be doing)
- Overwhelmed (too many other things going on to focus on the task at hand, or it seems like a mountain)
- Lack of understanding (uncertainty)
- HOW do we procrastinate?
- Busy work (social media, TV, focusing on less important tasks)
- Pretend it doesn’t exist (shut the door and walk away)
- Pass the buck (wait or hope for someone else to do it first-think laundry, dishes, etc)
- WHAT can we do to reduce the urge to procrastinate?
- Prioritize: Make it an appointment
- Break it up into manageable chunks (20 min)
- Identify your triggers:
- Are you trying to do a task when you are tired after a long day at work?
- Do you have too many distractions (i.e. little kids at home that constantly need you?)
- Are you trying to fit it in when you have “free time” rather than dedicate time to focus on this area?
- Do you not know what to do (how to approach it? What products to buy? )
- Do you need an accountability partner (someone to talk it through and give you permission to let go)
- Are you an obliger and need some outer accountability and struggle with keeping that appointment for yourself?
If you know someone who would enjoy this episode, will you please share it with a friend?!
WHAT CAN I DO?
→ Pick an area that you are struggling and commit to finishing it.
→ Give yourself a realistic deadline to complete it.
→ Get an accountability partner (to help you through).
→ Document your progress (and share with us!).
CONNECT WITH US!
Your Opinion Matters!
I am so appreciative of anyone who takes a moment to help the growth of our show by SUBSCRIBING and listening each week.
We would be so grateful if you would click the 5-star button & leave a short REVIEW
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.
We love hearing from you! Head on over to facebook and join our group, This ORGANIZED Life where you can post topic ideas, guest suggestions, questions, comments and photos. Of course you also connect with us on the IG or follow us on PINTEREST for some added inspiration.