Listen and Subscribe to Our Podcast
Today we are continuing with part 3 of our series on the 5 CLUTTER PITFALLS, and today we are talking about GUILT (something most of us are familiar with!)
Guilt plays such a huge role when it comes to Emotional Clutter. Certain personality types are more prone to feelings of guilt, like Obligers, who tend to be people pleasers, and who gain their motivation from outer accountability.
REMORSE, REGRET, & RESPONSIBILITY weigh heavily for people who struggle with Emotional Clutter.
1. WHY do we feel GUILTY?
- Sentimental Factors: (i.e. my kid made it)
- Financial Factors: (i.e. it cost a lot of money)
- Environmental Factors: (i.e. I don’t want to waste it)
2. HOW does our guilt manifests as CLUTTER?
- We often hold onto things we don’t want or use for the wrong reasons
- “My Aunt Edna gave this to me for my wedding”
- “These shoes were so expensive”
- “I don’t want to just throw it away”
People want permission to let go.
3. WHAT can we do to reduce feelings of GUILT?
- Play through the “what if” scenarios
- Ask yourself:
- What would happen if I got rid of this?
- Why am I keeping it?
- Would I miss it if it were gone?
- Give yourself permission to let it go
- Pick 3 things that you are holding onto because of guilt and work through the process of parting with each item. (either donate, give away, recycle)
- Give yourself a realistic deadline to complete it
- Get an accountability partner to help you through
- Document your progress and share with us on IG or in our facebook group, This ORGANIZED Life
If you know someone who would enjoy this episode, will you please share it with a friend?!
CONNECT WITH US!
Your Opinion Matters!
I am so appreciative of anyone who takes a moment to help the growth of our show by SUBSCRIBING and listening each week.
We would be so grateful if you would click the 5-star button & leave a short REVIEW
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.
We love hearing from you! Head on over to facebook and join our group, This ORGANIZED Life where you can post topic ideas, guest suggestions, questions, comments and photos. Of course you also connect with us on the IG or follow us on PINTEREST for some added inspiration.