Listen and Subscribe to Our Podcast
[et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.3″ header_font=”Flawless||||||||” header_font_size=”42px”]
On today’s show I am joined by repeat guest, Logan Palau (my 16 year old), and we are talking all about being environmentally conscious. Logan also shares her favorite web browser that is actually helping to clean the ocean! Listen to the episode to hear what it is!
Did you know that April 22nd marks the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day?
Below is a list of 10 things you can do (or not do) to help make a difference in your home and community:
1. Rinse your bottles and jars, cans – clean empty and dry.
2. Pizza box recycle – you have to rip off the grease part of the box (I know a lot of people like to recycle the pizza boxes).
3. Don’t “Wish Cycle” – putting non recycling objects in recycling bins ~ because then we contaminate the bin.
4. Don’t recycle anything smaller than a credit card. Thinks like paper clips and staples can jam the recycling machine.
5. Make sure to dispose of things like electronics, paint cans, excess building supplies, properly.
6. Carry a reusable water bottle.
7. Keep reusable bags in your car so you can have them with you (or keep them by your door).
8. Shop Smarter:
- take inventory of what you have and don’t buy more than you need
- refrain from buying “disposable items” (because of boredom, b/c its cheap, or b/c you like it)
9. Consider Eating Plant Based Food:
- The UN reports that the meat industry is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.
- It’s estimated that over 1800 gallons of water are used to produce a single pound of beef.
10. Plant a garden with the kids and let them help to care for it.
Although COVID-19 may have quarantined us, there are virtual events taking place globally throughout the day. Visit earthday.org to learn more or find a virtual event near you (and don’t forget to use the #earthrise)
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||8px|||”][et_pb_row column_structure=”1_3,2_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px|||||”][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_image src=”https://simplyborganized.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/xoxolaurie.png” _builder_version=”3.26.5″][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”2_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||7px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||0px|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.3″ text_font=”Century Gothic||||||||”]
A special thanks to our good friends at CURIO-PRESS for sponsoring this episode of This ORGANIZED Life!
They have an incredible line of personalized stationery, lists & notepads.
Visit CURIO-PRESS.COM and enter the code ORGANIZED at checkout to receive 15% your entire order
*Please shop local when you can, small businesses have been greatly impacted by COVID-19 and appreciate your support.
For sponsorship inquiries and collaborations click here
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.27.4″ header_font_size=”42px”]
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Promo Codes for You!
Please support us!
SUBSCRIBE to TOL to have new episodes downloaded each week!
REVIEW. Social influence is the most impactful way to help others find our show!
Struggling with Clutter?
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.
Connect with Me