Today on This ORGANIZED Life I am joined by Claire Giovino, founder of Inbox Done; A company that helps people reclaim control of their inbox. Claire currently manages a growing team of remote inbox managers and upwards of 3000+ emails a day. I invited Claire to come on the show today to talk about:
- The psychology behind compulsively checking email and how to break ingrained habits.
- How email disrupts deep focus and reduces productivity
- Why email is often the only thing successful professionals don’t outsource, which takes time away from the things that truly matter most (product creation, partnerships, personal growth, family, travel, etc.)
Claire also shares actionable advice for individuals and parents who are not only juggling work emails, but also managing personal email. Add in all the emails related to kids and family and you are left feeling as though you are drinking from a firehouse!
Our conversation includes tips on how to:
- Set up filters to weed out unwanted email
- Create folders to keep your emails organized
- How to avoid treating your email like a to-do list
Whether you work outside or inside the home, email is another mode of communication that can easily become clutter, but it doesn’t have to. Below are some statistics that demonstrate the impact email has on productivity, time, and concentration.
Interesting Stats about email:
- Business owners currently spend 650 hours/year (or 13 hrs/week) on email, mostly on reactive, low-value work (McKinsey Global Institute)
- Corporate professionals spend 1/3 of their office time on email and 1/2 of the time they work at home inside their inbox (Carleton University)
- It takes 23 minutes to return to deep focus after an interruption (Harvard Business School)
Please check out the links below to connect with Claire, and feel free to share this with anyone who you think could benefit from the information discussed.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Connect with Claire
Please Support Us!
SUBSCRIBE to TOL to have new episodes downloaded each week!
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.