[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”8px||0px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_code _builder_version=”4.9.7″]
We are kicking off a new series for the month of July based on my CLUTTER CLINIC™ speaker series. Over the next 5 weeks we are going to talk about some of the most popular trouble areas to keep organized.
Throughout our series we are going to cover everything from closets, to kitchens, to kids spaces, home offices and more!
Today we’re starting with the big guns…GARAGES! (FYI, several of the strategies we cover also translate for attics and basements, or storage units, so even if you don’t have a garage, you’ll want to listen in.)
This episode is packed with lots of info which I’ve detailed in the show notes. So let’s get started!
Garage Stats: 2021
- About 9% of Americans rent storage space, even though 65% of those homeowners have a garage.
- 50% of homeowners rate the garage as the most disorganized place in the house.
- When purchasing a home, 80% of buyers factor in the garage when making their decision.
- Too Much Stuff
- Forgotten Area (aka dumping ground)
- Multi-Zone Area
- High Traffic Area
- Lack of (or wrong) Products
10 Garage Tips:
- Identify how you want the space to function: cars, tools, sports, seasonal, etc
- Assess the space you have to work with (use walls, ceilings, when you can )
- If you have a lot of stuff, get a dumpster or a dumpster bag (prepare!)
- Get bins for categorizing (ie car supplies, household, gardening)
- 4 piles (KEEP, DONATE, RECYCLE, RELOCATE)
- Zone “LIKE with LIKE”
- Use clear bins so you can see inside
- Schedule an organizing date on your calendar!
- Maintenance (we recommend twice a year)
- Getting a buddy or call a professional
Try to remember that your garage is an extension of your home. When we free up space in the garage, it can provide options to eliminate other trouble areas inside the home. Make sure to download our free garage checklist on our website!
P.S We’ll be back next week talking about CLOSETS!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_divider _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.4″ custom_padding=”||3px|||”]
Are you a Professional Organizer, or thinking about becoming one?
We would love to talk to you about our SBO Partner Program!
Click here to get started!
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_divider _builder_version=”4.9.4″ _module_preset=”default”][/et_pb_divider][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||8px|||”][et_pb_row column_structure=”1_3,2_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_column type=”1_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_image src=”https://simplyborganized.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/xoxolaurie.png” _builder_version=”3.26.5″][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”2_3″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||7px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.26.5″ custom_padding=”0px||0px|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.26.5″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.9.7″]
Other links mentioned in this episode
Please support us!
FOLLOW TOL to have new episodes downloaded each week!
REVIEW. Social influence is the most impactful way to help others find our show!
Did you know that we’re on YouTube?
There’s lots of bonus content on our page, including interviews, workshops and lots more!
Struggling with Clutter?
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.
Connect with Me