Listen and Subscribe to Our Podcast
Before we get into today’s episode, if you have or want to start your own professional organizing business, and are looking for guidance with the tactical and strategic parts of running a business, our SBO Partner Program may be just what you’re looking for. Click here to learn more.
Today’s episode is all about Hand-Me-Downs. From how and where to store them, to deciding what is worth keeping, we’ve got you covered.
There’s nothing more frustrating than finding a bag or bin of hand-me-downs that you forgot about only to discover after your kids have outgrown them!
Below are 5 tips to keeping “grow clothes” organized.
1. SORT BEFORE YOU STORE. Sort by size-take time to purge anything with wear and tear
2. STORE CENTRALLY. Whether you store hand-me-downs in an extra dresser, bin in the attic or under the bed, the key is to have one place to look.
3. LABEL BY SIZE OR SEASON. The clearer you can make it, the easier it will be to find when you need it.
4. ASSESS FIRST. Just because something is in good shape, doesn’t mean it’s worth keeping. Other things to consider before you bin it:
- Would my child wear this?
- Do the seasons match?
- Do they need another ________
As kids get older, their own personality and style plays a role in what items they wear.
5. REMOVE GUILT. You don’t have to keep something just because someone gave it to you. If you (or your kids) won’t wear or use it, there are plenty of other people who will!
During the second half of the show we talked about what to do with the items you aren’t keeping, including donating, consigning and hosting a clothing swap.
With the holidays around the corner, this is a great time to purge closets. Feel free to share this episode with your friends!
Prefer to watch our conversation?
Click HERE to head over to our Youtube channel!
Please support us!
FOLLOW TOL to have new episodes downloaded each week!
REVIEW. Social influence is the most impactful way to help others find our show!
Struggling with Clutter?
Stop feeling like a Hot Mess!
HOT MESS: A Practical Guide to Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of clutter, Physical, Emotional, and Calendar, along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the time to reclaim time, find freedom, and feel empowered from the “stuff” that is holding you back.