Joining me today is Kim Worrell, founder of KBW Coaching. Kim is a lifelong athlete and has been a competitive rower for over 15 years. She has spent almost 2 decades coaching middle and high school student-athletes and is a mom of “bigs” like me!
Kim’s passion is mentoring teen girls, and has taken her experience as an athletic coach, and combined that with her expertise in coaching teen girls on some of life’s complex issues. We hear about adults hiring life coaches and career coaches, but what about our young adults who need some direction and guidance?
Kim shares some data about teen emotional wellness and dispels the myth and stigma that you need to be in crisis to warrant some outside support.
During our conversation we talk about the following:
- The difference between a therapist and a life coach.
- Signs to look for that might indicate your teen could use this type of support
- How to broach the subject with your teen without putting them on the defensive
- How working with a coach like Kim relates to the world of organizing.
- Why our standards and way of doing things, don’t always have to translate to what works for them.
We talk about setting healthy boundaries with teens for keeping their room clean, to helping them navigate their time. Whether you are a mom to teens, or not quite there yet, this episode is filled with lots of great info!
CONNECT WITH KIM
KIM’S BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS
Struggling with Clutter?
Stop Feeling Like a
Hot Mess: A Practical Guide for Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of Clutter: Physical, Emotional, and Calendar. Along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the opportunity to reclaim time, find freedom& feel empowered, from the “stuff” holding you back.