Ep 312: 2022 Holiday Gift Guide
Today I am joined by my good friend, Martha-Carol Stewart, founder of Chaos Organizing in Baton Rouge and together we are bringing you our long awaited Holiday Gift Guide episode.
Every year we look forward to sharing our ideas with you, while shining a spotlight on smaller brands who are doing great things.
This year we have broken down our gift guide into the following categories:
- Food & Beverage
- Home & Lifestyle
- Body & Skincare
- Stocking Stuffers & Tidbits
- Experiences & Services
Every item on this gift guide has been sourced from our team! Any support of these products will be going to help a small business and for that we thank you in advance.
FOOD & BEV:
- Fire Department Coffee– veteran owned, their coffee is freshly roasted in Rockford, IL by a dedicated team of firefighters, first responders, and coffee experts. CODE: FIRSTTIME 20% off first order
- Sahil Coffee -Started by a husband and wife, Fair trade, small batch, direct-shipped from Guatemala. Bridging the gap between farmers and coffee lovers-subscription box, private label and Brick & Mortar store in Guatemala. CODE:TOL15 for 15% off entire purchase-PLUS!!! special selection just for TOL listeners
- V Smiley Preserves – super interesting story-started by a woman who grew up on the farm she currently lives on in Vermont. She started making her own honey and experimenting with natural food options to heal her gut health, and fast forward, now lives and works on the farm with her partner and her mom. **thinking this would be great with a charcuterie board, some cheeses, crackers, voila! CODE: SIMPLYBORGANIZED 15% $35 or more
- Naked Chocolate-started by my friend Justin, who is a classically trained holistic chef and has spent the past 15 years as a chocolatier. His epiphany moment came when he was selected with 8 other chocolatiers from across the country to Ecuador to witness the cacao harvest. It was on that trip that “Responsibly sourcing the best cacao in the world from small family farms via direct trade became our mission.” “We believe that ensuring proper wages for the hard working cacao farmers is not only the right thing to do, but it is also imperative for the sustainability of cacao.”-Check out their gift boxes, they ship all over the US (maybe the world??)
- Dot Winery-started by a husband and wife, they create and distribute small batch wines, white, red, and rose-you can buy by the bottle or join their wine subscription which includes fun experience offerings like zoom wine tastings.
HOME & LIFESTYLE:
- Blankets-Bearaby-woman owned, sustainably sourced cotton weighted blankets
- Candles-Waxed Candle Company-supporting LGBTQIA business, covid hobby turned business. Shop their seasonal catalog or create custom candles for events, weddings, company gifts, etc. CODE TOL20 for 20% off your entire order
- Net Zero- For the environmentally conscious giver/recipient. Zero Waste Co has a complete product line of plastic free, environmentally friendly gifts across multiple categories. They are a certified B corp and a mission driven company. CODE: GIFTING2022 20% off
- Denise Albright -woman owned, collection of fun stationary, journals,etc to keep organized. CODE: SBGIFTS25% for 25% off your entire order
- Aloha Bags-woman owned, started by besties in 2009. Grass roots start up and are still self funded. They donate 5% of profits to Hawaiʻi-based conservation organizations annually as a way of giving back to the community and to help preserve the cultural heritage and natural beauty of hawaii.
BODY & SKINCARE:
- Vellum St Soap Company-super cute packaging! Woman owned, chef and nutritionist and started studying the ingredients found in soaps and lotions-and realized she wanted to put only natural ingredients on her body, so she started Vellum St. Soap Co. She partners with local farms for all her ingredients.
- Dionis Goat Milk Skincare-woman owned, started in VA and now based right here in Bucks Co PA! They have a bunch of products from lotions and balms, to complete skincare. We have the goat balm stick and I have also used their lotions and love it!
- Odele Beauty-Started by 3 friends in the beauty industry, who wanted something premium, affordable and safe for everyone, so they decided to start Odele. Odele is women-owned + operated in Minneapolis, MN. They also have a give back program that supports underserved communities. CODE: SIMPLYBORGANIZED20 you’ll receive 20% off one-time order
- The Spinster Sisters– Spinster Sisters is a B Corp Certified skin, hair, and body care brand on a mission to make the best products for people & the planet. No sulfates, phthalates, parabens, PFAS, or dyes. Premium, plant-based formulations, sustainable + plastic-free packaging, and the best scents. CODE: TOL25 to receive 25% off your order
STOCKING STUFFERS & TIDBITS
- Zkano Socks – Woman owned, based in Fort Payne Alabama-known as the sock capital of the world. Committed to keeping jobs local, manufacturing in the US, helping restore industry to small towns. CODE: organizedlife10 to receive 10% off your purchase
- Coiley Cables: woman owned-cable co with magnets-brilliant! Comes in 2 sizes 3’ & 6’ CODE: CHAOS to receive 10% off your entire order
- Wine Tasting
- Local City Food Tour
- Spa (massage, facial, day of pampering)
- Classes: Art, Cooking, Yoga
- Show Tickets
- Lawn Care/Snow Removal
- Car Detailing
- Cleaning Service
As you shop this holiday season, remember to edit what you have and aren’t using, support local, and buy with intention.
If you like this episode, please share it with your friends!
You can listen to the full episode wherever you get your podcasts and watch us on YouTube.
PS Grab Martha-Carol’s Clutter Free Gift Guide Here!
Exclusive Offers for TOL Listeners!
Struggling with Clutter?
Stop Feeling Like a
Hot Mess: A Practical Guide for Getting Organized is my witty little survival guide that helps you get to the root of your clutter. Learn about the 3 types of Clutter: Physical, Emotional, and Calendar. Along with how to avoid the 5 Clutter Pitfalls.
Now is the opportunity to reclaim time, find freedom& feel empowered, from the “stuff” holding you back.
Available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or wherever books are sold.